Application Security Architect
- Fredericton, NB, Canada
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
To help in our planned growth, Mariner Innovations is actively recruiting for an Application Security Architect
- Implement software security techniques (e.g., OWASP, CASE, etc.) in development teams and environments
- Work with Development teams to help them apply security coding practices
- Perform application security testing and code review
- Provide security input for software solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Maintain documentation
- Provide knowledge transfer on Secure SDLC to development teams
- Develop a familiarity with development security tools (e.g., for testing, etc.) and security best practices for development.
- Proven work experience as an Application Security Architect or a similar or equivalent role
- Applied knowledge of techniques, standards and methodologies for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and their remediation
- Knowledge of web-related technologies (Web applications, Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web-related protocols
- Demonstrated interest in security
- Proven written, oral and, listening communication skills with audiences varying from end users to IT management.
- Experience with waterfall and agile development methodologies.
- Experience working on/prioritizing multiple concurrent initiatives.
- Team-orientated focus with a proven capability to provide knowledge sharing and mentorship in a multi-vendor environment.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certifications (e.g., CASE, CSSLP)
- Knowledge of security testing tools such as Checkmarx, etc.
- Knowledge of development tools such as Git.
At Mariner we value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada. We are passionate about growing a strong technology sector in Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest Video and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!