Data Architect - Mariner Innovations
- Halifax, NS, Canada
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
To help in our planned growth, we are pro-actively recruiting for Data Architects for upcoming full-time and contract opportunities to support our clients in Nova Scotia. The Data Architect will be a key member of our IT Professional Services team. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Collaboration with client IT teams and business owners on the development of a data strategy that addresses broad enterprise requirements; including a comprehensive vision for how data will flow through an organization
- Assessment of current state data capabilities and development of roadmaps to close the gap between current state and future business objectives and goals.
- Mapping of the systems and interfaces used to manage data and set standards for data management.
- Development of data models for database structures; design, document, construct and deploy database architectures and applications.
- Consulting business stakeholders on the value and opportunities presented by emerging data technologies and tools, including but not limited to big data, NoSQL databases, predictive analytics, data visualization, unstructured data, artificial intelligence.
- 7+ years of experience as a data architect
- Experience across some combination of the following: data integration, EDW, database administration, data modeling, master data management, metadata management, AI, predictive analytics, machine learning, data governance, data & information privacy, and data visualization.
- Strong understanding of system development life cycle, software project management, technical requirements definition, and design and test techniques.
- Experience with various BI/ETL tools including Cognos.
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline
- Specific experience as a client facing consultant preferred.
- CDMP, CBIP, or other relevant certifications preferred.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We are proud to have been recognized by Progress magazine as one of Atlantic Canada’s TOP 101 companies, ranking #46 on 2015’s list, up from #62 in 2014.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!