Senior Data Architect - Mariner Innovations
- Halifax, NS, Canada
The Mariner group of companies is known for investing in and building technology companies with themes of big data, software innovation, commitment to customer success and developing international growth markets. Mariner consists of Mariner xVu™, Mariner Innovations, Shift Energy, and East Valley Ventures.
- Mariner xVu™ is the world leader in Software Defined Monitoring for managed and unmanaged IP video, streaming and broadband/Wi-Fi networks. Our software helps operators centrally manage the complexity required to deliver new video services with real-time visibility into subscriber experience – anywhere.
- Mariner Innovations is a leading provider of professional IT services, offering unique expertise in application development, information security, data management and support/ maintenance services across communications, industrial, utility and the public sector.
- East Valley, the start-up acceleration division of Mariner Partners, has made over 30 investments, with multiple exits, including Q1 Labs, Internet Security for Banking, sold to IBM; and Radian6, Marketing Cloud Analytics sold to SalesForce.com. The organization specializes in mentoring and providing support to entrepreneurs.
- Shift Energy’s Energy Optimization System [EOS] automates the real time tuning of independent energy systems for large building complexes. The world’s leading building managers are using Internet-based Big Data and low cost IoT sensors to drive down energy operational costs.
Founded in 2003, Mariner Partner’s head office is located in Saint John, New Brunswick. We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team and our customers are located in major cities across Canada and in North and South America and Europe.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We are proud to have been recognized by Progress magazine as one of Atlantic Canada’s TOP 101 companies, ranking #46 on 2015’s list, up from #62 in 2014.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
In order to keep up with constant demand for talent, we are regularly on the lookout for best-in-class candidates. As opportunities arise, we will reach out to potential candidates that meet the requirements of projects we look to undertake.
Thank you for your interest in Mariner.
Join our growing team!
If you are an adaptable, results-oriented, team player with a positive, professional attitude and looking to work in a dynamic and challenging environment, we should talk! While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
- Collaborate with client IT teams and business owners on the development of a data strategy that addresses broad enterprise requirements; including a comprehensive vision for how data will flow through an organization
- Assess current state data capabilities and develop roadmaps to close the gap between current state and future business objectives and goals.
- Map the systems and interfaces used to manage data and set standards for data management.
- Develop data models for database structures; design, document, construct and deploy database architectures and applications.
- Consult business stakeholders on the value and opportunities presented by emerging data technologies and tools, including but not limited to big data, NoSQL databases, predictive analytics, data visualization, unstructured data, artificial intelligence.
- 7+ years of experience as a data architect
- Experience across some combination of the following: data integration, EDW, database administration, data modeling, master data management, metadata management, AI, predictive analytics, machine learning, data governance, data & information privacy, and data visualization.
- Strong understanding of system development life cycle, software project management, technical requirements definition, and design and test techniques.
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline
- Specific experience as a client facing consultant preferred.
- CDMP, CBIP, or other relevant certifications preferred.
Knowledge of the following would be beneficial, but not required:
- .NET development
- Java RMI, Corba, SOAP and Clustering Technologies
- Python scripting
- Performance tuning
- Source Code Repository (e.g. GIT)
- Dev Ops tools (e.g. Maven, Ansible, Jenkins, etc.)
- Defect management
- Basic MS Office tools