Senior Program Lead / Product Lead - Utilities
- Halifax, NS, Canada
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
Mariner is pro-actively recruiting for a Senior Program Leader for upcoming full-time and contract opportunities to support our Utility sector clients based both within the Maritimes and also throughout Canada.
- Leading highly strategic projects and programs involving the development and delivery of automation and analytics based solutions for Utility sector clients.
- Facilitating executive level governance and decision-making process through cross-company Steering Committees.
- Translating executive level direction into actionable objectives for working level project and operational leads; synthesizing working level status reporting, risks, and issues into meaningful executive level updates.
- Delivering thought leadership and product management expertise in the areas of energy management and Utility IT/OT; leading in development of services offerings within complex multi-vendor environments.
- Managing key client and partner relationships.
- Optimizing delivery against various financial, operational, and strategic objectives.
- A record of strong leadership in high risk programs involving a significant level of technology transformation and organizational change (required)
- Exceptional relationship-builder and communicator; proven ability to facilitate executive level decision-making and to drive consensus building at senior levels (required).
- Extensive program management experience (required), most likely gained through previous positions as a Management Consultant and/or Senior Product Leader (preferred).
- Ability to drive effective direction while navigating ambiguity and conflicting objectives (required).
- Extensive experience leading the development of complex technology solutions and business models (required).
- Specific reference-able project/program experience in one or more of the following areas: Energy Management, Energy Efficiency, Distributed Energy Resources (DERs), Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI), and/or other Operational Technologies (OT) within Utility domain (preferred)
- 10+ years of leadership experience (required) and 5+ years experience working within Utility sector (preferred)
- Strong background in engineering and/or IT; and also in complex service operation environments (required)
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered in Atlantic Canada, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Mariner Innovations has delivered projects and services to leading Canadian organizations in industries such as Oil & Gas, Telecom, Utilities, and Government.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!