Senior Business Analyst- Utilities
- Halifax, NS, Canada
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
Mariner is currently recruiting for a Sr. Business Analyst to support our Utility sector clients based both within the Maritimes and also throughout Canada.
- Leading the development of Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) within Utility and/or other critical infrastructure environments.
- Supporting the redevelopment of business processes associated with the roll-out of new Utility based technologies including Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI), Meter Data Management Systems (MDMS), Consumer Engagement (CE), Customer Information Systems (CIS), Work Order Management Systems (WOMS), Geographical Information Systems (GIS), and Outage Management Systems (OMS).
- Prepare Business Requirements Documents, including functional/non-functional requirements..
- Prepare integration plans for deployment of system changes into existing environments.
- Change and support process management for new technology delivery.
- Facilitate stakeholder sessions, interviews, and analysis to identify areas for process and systems improvement.
- Communicate key insights and findings to client team.
- Specific reference-able project experience in one or more of the following areas: Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI), Meter Data Management Systems (MDMS), Consumer Engagement (CE), Customer Information Systems (CIS), Work Order Management Systems (WOMS), Geographical Information Systems (GIS), and Outage Management Systems (OMS).
- Bachelor Degree in business administration, information systems, or related field.
- 5+ years experience working in electrical, water, and/or gas utilities either directly or in a consulting capacity.
- 8+ years of progressive corporate experience functioning as an Business Analyst/Functional Analyst.
- CBAP certification (preferred) or willing to obtain.
- Demonstrated success with business requirements analysis, group facilitation, gap analysis and process mapping and design as part of a business transformation.
- Demonstrated skill in building consensus among process stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication skills and experience in working with business experts at all levels and technical subject matter experts.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered in Atlantic Canada and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Mariner Innovations has delivered projects and services to leading Canadian organizations in industries such as Oil & Gas, Telecom, Utilities, and Government.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!