General Manager Operations - DPA
- Westhaven Drive, St Marys Bay, Auckland, New Zealand
Drowning Prevention Auckland (DPA) is seeking an experienced and skilled General Manager - Operations to join their Senior Leadership Team in a full-time, permanent capacity. Due to DPA's strategic growth, this is a new and exciting role for anyone passionate about leading an operational team to vision.
This role is pivotal for the water safety space. DPA was formed with a vision of Tāmaki Makaurau/Auckland being free from drowning, which they aim to achieve through drowning prevention education, advocacy and research. The position will support the Chief Executive in providing effective leadership and vision: to grow value responsibly, in a commercial, profitable and sustainable manner
The ideal person for this role is someone who has an appetite for leadership and to drive an operational team to meet and excel against their goals. The key accountabilities for this role are focused on:
- Leading and managing a skilled team of Team Leaders (and Aquatic Educators indirectly)
- Maintaining a continually innovative and strategic focus of the whole business and driving operational priorities
- Developing programmes and delivery plans alongside your team – Planning the workforce to deliver on programmes effectively and efficiently
- Working closely with the SLT to develop, implement and execute the organisation's strategy and annual business plans
- Building and fostering connections with DPA and external agencies to form strong relationships
An established and structured framework will track and measure the deliverable outputs required of this role. DPA requires someone who can plan efficiently, meet deadlines and remain accountable.
Are you the person that we are looking for? In addition to the above, you will be a skilled Operational Manager with an exceptional commitment to cultural awareness and competency and an understanding of New Zealand's water safety sector.
You will be a stellar relationship builder with a proven ability to lead a team towards operational excellence. You will have experience in workforce planning and experience delivering business case documentation and funding applications
Additionally, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline and/or demonstrated a minimum of five years relevant experience in a senior operational management role.
- Effective relationship management skills and experience in supporting senior decision-makers.
- Advanced level of oral and written communication skills.
- An ability to develop and present content to a range of audiences.
- Culturally aware and competent – able to work and build relationships across different cultures.
- Full NZ Driver's License.
We are looking for someone to join the team who can match the culture of DPA. You will be a self-directed person of initiative who can strategically and critically think and who enjoys working as part of a truly dedicated team. You will act as a leader at all times, with your eye on a vision.
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary, business vehicle, fuel, telephone and Personal Development allowance. You will be part of a supportive team with hands-on leadership and a real opportunity to grow and develop your skills.
If you think that you would be great for this position, please apply here in the strictest of confidence. Marbles' exclusively manages the recruitment for this role - therefore, you can guarantee that your application will be taken seriously.
Applications are open until Tuesday 19 October 2021 – but will be reviewed as they are received, and the recruitment period may close earlier if a suitable candidate is appointed.
We look forward to receiving your application.