- Helensville, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
My client is a family services centre in Nor-West Auckland. They are looking for a full-time Clinical Manager to join their team. This would be a rewarding role for someone passionate about leading and developing teams, supporting and empowering clients and their whānau to build on personal strengths, develop strategies and connect with community resources to establish long term positive change.
The role is based in Helensville and Waimauku but services a large and diverse population from Taupaki to South Kaipara, requiring someone who enjoys travelling to meet their clients and is 35-40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
This role is an opportunity to join and lead a team dedicated to providing quality interventions to support, empower, and advocate for people so they can reach their full potential. The services offered by this centre work on a trajectory from crisis to safety to stability and towards a flourishing community.
The Clinical Manager role is responsible for providing clinical leadership to the Family Support Team, Family Harm Team, Counsellors and Facilitators, and Student Placements, and will collaborate closely with the Executive Director to help support the strategic leadership and clinical direction for the organisation.
Are you the person for this role? You will have a Bachelor of Social Work, Annual Social Work Registration, experience in Clinical Management and managing teams. You will also understand the management principles involved in strategic planning. You will be a stellar relationship builder with a proven ability to develop networks, demonstrate leadership, and have high-level verbal and written communication skills.
The ideal person for this role is someone who has an appetite to drive team capability, strategic direction, clinical processes and meet productivity and goal achievements. The key accountabilities for this role are focused on:
- Clinical Leadership: Providing clinical leadership and development to direct reports and developing staff’s clinical capability to ensure that team members are reaching their full potential;
- Clinical Management: developing clinical and Family Support programmes/projects and policies;
- Financial/Funding Planning & Reporting: collaborating with the Executive Director to provide performance data and information in order to measure productivity and goal achievement, and responsible for financial decisions and budgets for their delegated area;
- Relationship Management: developing and maintaining close working relationships with local Iwi and other relevant organisations, exploring new partnerships and resolving client complaints and queries;
You will be an active listener who is empathetic, calm, open-minded and is ready for the challenge of developing this role into an example of best practice. You will be diplomatic in your decision making and able to problem-solve. You will also be compassionate, a team player, and sincere in your actions, with the best interest for the business.
To be successful in this role, you will also need a robust understanding of the following:
- Experience in working with families.
- Experience in networking with community organisations.
- Theories of behavioural change.
- Domestic violence legislation.
- How to form enabling and respectful relationships with program participants.
- Social and cultural issues/trends.
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its implications for practice.
We are looking for someone to join the team who can be a self-directed person of initiative who can strategically and critically think and enjoys working as part of a truly dedicated team. You will act as a leader at all times, with your eye on a vision.
In return, you would be offered a competitive salary, laptop and phone. In addition, you will be part of a supportive team with and a real opportunity to grow and develop your skills.
Applications initially close Sunday 10 October 2021 but will be reviewed as they are received, and the recruitment period may close earlier if a suitable candidate is appointed.
We look forward to receiving your application.