- 2250 S Oneida St. #200, Denver, CO, us
Are you interested in working with a company that values people and has a passion for service? Do you want to become part of an organization that cares about your personal and professional growth? If you have answered YES to these questions, then you should consider working for Maple Star!
Maple Star Colorado is a multi-service agency providing Foster Care, Clinical and Community Services. Maple Star began providing foster care in Denver in 1994 and has since grown to provide in-home, community and office based services throughout the Front Range. Our trauma informed approach to working with children and families is evidenced is all of our programs with a focus on healing, relationship and providing high quality client care.
Maple Star’s team is known for its professionals who are committed to providing quality services, and is looking for compassionate workers to assist in the process of providing quality programming to individual clients and families. All job objectives should be completed according to agency standards and policies as outlined in the Maple Star Employee Handbook and state Rules and Regulations.
Home Supervisor is responsible for monitoring and providing on-going consultation to foster parents. Home Supervisors also are the liaison between departments of social services and foster parents. They monitor each youth in placement, develop case plans, and provide case management services.
Outline of Essential Job Duties:
* Provide on-going monitoring and consultation to foster homes with an emphasis on safety. Meet with the foster parents face to face according to the individual child's contract and foster family needs, prepare and monitor a quarterly training plan with foster parents, and complete annual evaluations of each foster parent on caseload.
* Provide on-going monitoring and consultation to youth placed in foster homes. Responsible for maintaining an average caseload of 25-30 youth in care. Meet with the youth in care face to face a minimum of once per month, organize and conduct service team meetings quarterly, assist with the coordination of agency resources, and arrange for support services within the community.
* Meet with group home foster parents a minimum of two hours weekly, exclusive of treatment services provided.
* Ensure that accurate and timely records and documentation are maintained as required by the applicable regulatory agencies and internal polices and procedures. TO ensure taht the fsoter families meet the defined state rules and regulationsas defined in Volume 7 of the Children's Code. Obtain all required paperwork from the caseworker, GAL, and therapist. Maintain progress notes, reports, notes of contact, and foster parent monthly reports.
* Complete on-call duties with other staff memberds within the agency on a rotating basis including after hours, holidays, and weekends.
* Notify the placement supervisor of any changes in placement.
* Bachelor's degree in Human Service, Social Work or related field required, Master's Degree preferre
* Minimum of two years’ experience in youth service programming, including experience in the field of foster care and child welfare, one year experience working in a department of social services preferred.
* Bilingual/Spanish preferred but not required
* Knowledge and use of a conceptual framework for child and adolescent development, trauma informed care and interventions, emotional and behavior problems, parenting, crisis intervention, cultural competence, and a range of treatment modalities including foster care.
* Effective organizational skills including the ability to think clearly and logically; to problem solve effectively; written and oral communication skills; and the ability to function with minimal supervision
* Knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts for social casework practice with individuals and families.
* Knowledge of local agencies and other community resources that may serve youth, families, and foster care services
* Must be willing to submit for fingerprinting and a background criminal check
* Background criminal check must meet the Colorado State Department of
* Social Services requirements for personnel working in the child welfare system.
* Valid Colorado Driver's License and a clean motor vehicle record.
All employees will undergo criminal and driving records background checks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Maple Star does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law. Pathways is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.