Licensed Truck and Trailer Mechanic with $5000 signing Bonus
Manitoulin Transport has the most extensive transportation network in North America, making it easy to provide dependable on-time delivery and faster transit times. Sustained by its 60 years experience, Manitoulin developed the transportation knowledge that is relied on and trusted by clients in various industries.
The successful candidate will be responsible for service and repairs to our equipment as assigned. You will be required to code and complete work orders and any other associated paperwork, work safely in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and/or other pertinent regulations, including compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Remove and replace brakes, brake drums, hubs, seals, bearings, races and all other associated parts.
- Troubleshoot and repair emissions systems, electrical systems, and lighting systems.
- Repair or replace chassis components such as springs, spring hangers, equalizers, complete slider assemblies, axles, sub frames, as well as parts associated with air ride suspension and air system components.
- Repair or replace bumpers, bumper braces, mud flap brackets, dolly legs/dolly leg assemblies and any other components that may require removal via the means of welding or cutting with oxy-acetylene torch.
- Repair or replace flooring, rub rails, door, door trim, minor roof repairs. panels, nose panels, lower and upper rails and associated parts
- Clean own personal area during and at the end of each shift
- Assist in performing any tasks outside those not listed in primary job functions
- Timely and regular attendance according to scheduled shift
- Also includes a $2.00/Hour Shift premium
Hours are Monday to Thursday 2:30PM - 1:00AM (4x10)
- Heavy Equipment Technician License
- Current CVIP inspection license
- Valid Class 5 License
- Class 1 license is considered an asset
What we offer:
- Profit Sharing
- Benefits (including health and dental)
- Opportunities for growth and advancement