Business Development Manager - Outside Sales / International Logistics / Freight Forwarding
At MGF, we are a leader in providing innovation logistics solutions to our clients. With a strong focus on customer satisfaction and commitment to service, we are dedicated to delivering reliable, flexible and cost-effective import, export and domestic transportation services. As a Business Development Manager, you will play a pivotal role in expanding our client base, driving sales and contributing to the overall success of our organization.
With clients across various industries from oil and gas, mining and forestry to food beverage and agriculture; machinery, construction, paper and packaging to retail commodities - MGF has a diverse service portfolio, and a customer base to match.
Are you a skilled sales professional with a passion for driving business growth? A true hunter, outside sales person, looking for an exciting opportunity to join a leading North American logistics company with aggressive growth plans? If so, Manitoulin Global Forwarding (MGF) invites you to apply as a Business Development Manager with our Montreal office!
- Identify and engage with potential clients within the logistics industry, including manufacturers, distributors and retailers.
- Utilize your strong entrepreneurial skills to proactively identify new business opportunities and foster a culture of innovation.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive business development strategy to drive pipeline growth and achieve sales targets.
- Cultivate new and existing leads from within the MGF Group and our various international partners.
- Conduct thorough market research to identify industry trends, competitive landscape and potential business opportunities.
- Conduct sales presentations, negotiations and proposals to potential clients, addressing their specific needs and showcasing the benefits of our services.
- Collaborate closely with the operations team to ensure seamless on boarding of new clients and maintain high level customer satisfaction.
- Stay up to date on industry developments, market trends and emerging technologies to identify new business opportunities.
- 5-10 years experience in business development or sales in the international logistics and transportation industry.
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets, with a focus on driving new business.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex information and supply chain solutions to clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a natural relationship builder with the ability to establish rapport and trust with clients and colleagues alike.
- A strategic thinker with with a deep understanding of the air and ocean logistics industry, market dynamics and customer needs.
- Proficiency in CRM software and other sales tools to manage and track pipeline activity.
- Strong entrepreneurial skills with the ability to identify and capitalize on new business opportunities.
Why Join MGF ?
- A high visibility position in a new expansion where you have the opportunity to make a real and visible impact on the success and growth of the business.
- Opportunity to work with a diverse and talented team of professionals in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary package, including base salary and incentives and benefits. Especially for applicants with an existing book of business/client base who could have immediate impact.
- Opportunity for further professional growth and development within our fast growing organization.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and achievements in business development.