Afternoon Shift Trailer Mechanic with $5000 Signing Bonus
For 60 years, Manitoulin Transport has been providing comprehensive transportation and logistics solutions for clients across North America. Our success lies in our innovation and safety, and our dedication to reliable, on-time delivery. So, if you know where you’re headed, we have the training and career development to help you get there.
Trailer mechanic position available on our weekday dayshift shift Mon-Thursday (4x10) from 15:30-02:00 at a rate of $35.72-$39.46 per hr depending on experience.
Completing regular maintenance as well as yearly CVI inspections and complete the required paperwork on vans, flat decks and converter dolly's
- Remove and replace brakes, brake drums, hubs, seals, bearings, races and all other associated parts.
- Troubleshoot and repair ABS electrical systems, and lighting systems.
- Repair or replace chassis components such as springs, spring hangers, equilizers, complete slider assemblies, axles, sub frames, as well as parts associated to air ride suspension and air system components.
- Repair or replace bumpers, bumper braces, mud flap brackets, dolly legs/dolly leg assemblies and any other components that may require removal via the means of welding or cutting with oxy-acetylene torch.
- Repair or replace flooring, rub rails, door, door trim, minor roof repairs. panels, nose panels, lower and upper rails and associated parts
- Clean own personal area during and at the end of each shift
- Assist in performing any tasks outside those not listed in primary job functions
- Timely and regular attendance according to scheduled shift
- Valid class 5 at minimum
- Trailer Mechanics License
- Valid CVIP license
What do we offer to you?
- Comprehensive Benefits Program
- Profit-Sharing Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunities for Growth and Advancement