Trailer Mechanic With a $5,000 Signing Bonus
Manitoulin Transport has the most extensive transportation network in North America, making it easy to provide dependable on-time delivery and faster transit times. Sustained by its 60 years experience, Manitoulin developed the transportation knowledge that is relied on and trusted by clients in various industries. Manitoulin’s command of the transportation industry, together with its progressive technology, innovative equipment fleet and cross Canada locations can ship your world confidently.
Position available on our Weekday Afternoon Shift Monday-Thursday 06:00-16:30 am (4x10)
Complete regular maintenance as well as yearly CVI inspections. Complete the required paperwork on Vans, Flat decks and converter dolly's.
- Remove and replace brakes, brake drums, hubs, seals, bearings, races and all other associated parts.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical and lighting systems
- Repair or replace chassis components such as springs, spring hangers, equalizers, complete slider assemblies, as well as all parts associated to air ride suspension and air system components
- Repair or replace bumpers/rear impact guards, mud flap brackets, dolly legs/dolly leg assemblies and any other components that may require removal via the use of welding or cutting with oxy-acetylene torch
- Repair or replace flooring, rub rails, doors, door trim, minor roof repairs, panels, nose panels, lower and upper rails and associated parts.
- Clean own personal area during and at the end of each shift
- Assist in performing any tasks outside those not listed as primary job functions
- Timely and regular attendance according to scheduled shift
- Trailer Mechanic License
- Valid CVIP License
- Valid class 5 drivers license
- Benefits – including short term and long term disability
- Profit sharing
- Scholarship program And more!