Air and Ocean Logistics Coordinator
- 55 Patterson Rd, Barrie, ON L4N 3V9, Canada
Seamless door-to-door cargo service or freight shipping, anywhere in the world, is a key component of the Near North experience. We have Freight Forwarding experts located in various offices throughout our worldwide network, with management located in our Corporate Office in Barrie.
Our Global Agency Network consists of 87 offices representing over 165 countries, including all major regions in Europe, Asia, Africa, UK, India and South America.
Each of our network’s Shipping and Freight Broker agents specialize in their own geographic region providing local knowledge of each area, including Customs formalities.
To provide accurate and compliant documentation for Customs entries. To determine what processes are required in order to release/deliver the client’s freight. To offer and arrange for all Freight Forwarding / Documentation services. Support to all team members, service providers and all clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
● Co-ordinate ocean and air shipments with import staff including: entering shipments into ITMR4, obtaining documentation, submitting payment to steamship lines, forwarders, etc.; arranging delivery, tracking shipments
● Co-ordinating air/ocean/ truck Forwarding moves
● Arrange freight payments and deliveries
● Ensuring shipments have been released; and in some cases either send release to appropriate parties or arrange for delivery
● Follow up on deliveries and advising clients accordingly and obtain POD’s
● Accounting for payables & invoicing utilizing the bill log
● Creating additional bills when required
● Handling customer complaints in relation to their shipments or invoices
● Assist in answering the phones when needed
● Replying to all e-mails and voice messages within 2 hours of receiving them
● Assisting Clients in preparing or presenting information required by domestic and foreign jurisdictions with respect to the import/export of goods from Canada
● Preparing B13’s and any other Documentation as required
● Providing information and advice concerning the relevant laws and regulations pertaining to importing and exporting of goods from Canada
● Working closely with team members/other departments to ensure customer's service commitments are met
● Following Department Procedures
Other duties as assigned
Lots of benefits including benefits for health, dental, vision, TAP profit sharing.