Sales Professional - Northern AB/BC based out of Edmonton
- Bevington Rd, Acheson, AB T7X, Canada
For 60 years, Manitoulin Transport has been providing comprehensive transportation and logistics solutions for clients across North America. Our success lies in our innovation and safety, and our dedication to reliable, on-time delivery. So, if you know where you’re headed, we have the training and career development to help you get there . We currently have an exceptional opportunity for anyone looking to establish a career in sales.
The ideal candidates are results-oriented, self-motivated, strong communicators with excellent negotiation, interpersonal and organizational skills. They are a college or university graduate and, while not necessary, having experience or knowledge of the Transportation industry would be an advantage.
In this role you will be required to manage the Northern AB/BC based out of Acheson, AB, servicing the needs of current customers and meeting with new potential prospects.
You will also be required to prepare reports on business transactions for corporate internal use.
Your job responsibilities will include:
- Managing existing accounts and growing revenues.
- Soliciting new business and increasing revenue levels over the previous year
- Communicating effectively with all departments to ensure our customers are receiving the service we have committed to
- Attending sales meetings, industry functions, trade shows and training programs
- Travel expectations of 30-50% considering the geography of the portfolio, which may include overnight stays with all expenses reimbursed, in accordance with company policy
- Ensuring all reports are completed and submitted in a timely fashion
- Daily use of the laptop and contact management system, including time management, planning and scheduling of calls, updating calls and activities in CRM.
- University/College Graduate
- A Minimum 2 years related sales experience
- Valid drivers license and good condition/reliable vehicle
- Must be computer literate (Excel, Word, Gmail, etc.)
- Good communication skills with proficiency at listening, selling (persuasion), problem solving and negotiation
- Must be flexible as the job requires being able to deal effectively with changing circumstances, customer demands, last minute requests and deadlines
- Must be well-organized and able to manage time efficiently and effectively
An ideal candidate will be highly motivated with an innate desire to succeed
This is a high-travel position, approximately 50%, most of which will require to be driven. All travel expenses are reimbursable through the company. Only Candidates open to travel should apply.
Territory Coverage: Grande Prairie, Peace River, Fort St John, Dawson Creek, Fort Nelson, etc..
What do we offer?
- The chance to gain valuable experience
- Competitive Pay (Salary) & full benefits program
- A Profit Sharing Program
- Scholarship Program