Night Shift Dock Supervisor
- 790 Industrial Rd, Cambridge, ON, Canada
For 60 years, Manitoulin Transport has been providing comprehensive transportation and logistics solutions for clients across North America. Our success lies in our innovation and safety, and our dedication to reliable, on-time delivery. So, if you know where you’re headed, we have the training and career development to help you get there .
Lead and direct a dock crew of 5 workers to achieve shift objectives. Communicate, problem solve, and react to challenges with service, safety and operational targets in mind.
This positions is steady night shift starting at 11pm Sunday night (10 hour shifts)
Enforce proper handing procedures with a focus on reducing damages and accurate exceptions reporting.
Work with fellow supervisors and planners to achieve desirable results.
Assign deliveries to P&D and spareboard drivers maintaining accountability for all freight working to ensure service standards are being met.
Ensure all employees are instructed in safe work practices and that work is carried out in a safe manner. You will be responsible to enforce procedures with current dock staff to train new staff. You will be required to act on collisions, spills, and injuries.
- Previous experience working a LTL cross dock.
- Ability to lead, delegate, and multi-task.
- Flexible hours to accommodate vacation of fellow supervisors.
- Strong geographical knowledge of the Cambridge service area.
- Dedicated company employee committed to achieving operational and financial targets.
- Adaptable to situational challenges including manpower, freight volumes, lack of equipment, and tight time lines.
- A problem solver with a positive attitude
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Program
- Profit Sharing Opportunities
- Opportunities for growth and advancement