Office and Commercial Installers (Drivers)
- 18151 107 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5S 1K4, Canada
MATCO MOVING SOLUTIONS, as a relocation solutions provider, is committed to meeting or exceeding the needs of our customers as well as complying with any other applicable requirements. To support our commitment to continually improve the effectiveness of our quality management system, we set quality objectives annually at our Management Review meeting that are consistent with our strategic plan.
- Be to work on time rested and ready to work; at work station (warehouse, truck, yard) working
- Operate company vehicles as permitted by class of driver’s license
- Perform and turn in, detailed pre trip and post trip before and after operating any company vehicle. Report deficiencies immediately
- Complete accurate, legible daily driver logs. Turn in to dispatch daily
- Ensure company vehicle is clean at all times. Cab is free of debris and trash. Box is neat, pads folded and floor is free of debris and swept.
- Report any and all road infractions, incidents, accidents, fines, parking tickets immediately
- Maintain and promote a positive and friendly attitude in the presence of customers, peers and people in general while in work atmosphere and on the road
- Be able to perform all functions of a commercial installer in timely and professional manner.
- Ensure paperwork is completed accurately and legibly in terms of signatures on bill of lading and work-orders
- Ensure Job Hazard Analysis is reviewed and signed off with crew
- Direct, lead, mentor crew at the job site, in warehouse or wherever required to do so
- Ensure labor issues are reported to Supervisor / Manager in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
- Ability to read, write and speak English well enough to communicate with internal and external customers
- Possess a current & valid Alberta driver’s license
- A working knowledge of Office and Commercial relocations or a wiliness to learn through available training
- Ability to install and/or uninstall office furniture or a willingness to learn through available training.
- Handling and loading techniques with the ability to push / pull product on four wheel dollies and two wheel dollies.
- Must be able to lift, push/pull up to 60lbs alone and over 100lbs with help
- Ability to kneel for extended periods of time, walk on uneven surfaces, climb ladders, safely exit trailers, truck boxes, lift arms above shoulder, full use of both hands repetitively
- Strong knowledge, understanding and skill associated with cargo securement
- Willing to work in a warehouse environment as required / requested
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, possessing strong organizational skills
- Ability to operate hand held devices with care and proficiency (ie cell phone, tablet, I Pad, etc)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exhibit positive internal and external customer service skills at all times. Must promote same with all personnel (Matco, or otherwise), at all times
What we can do for you:
- Competive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Program
- Profit Sharing Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunities for growth and advancement