One Shot Quote Agent
- 154 ON-540B, Gore Bay, ON P0P 1H0, Canada
Manitoulin Transport has the most extensive transportation network in North America, making it easy to provide dependable on-time delivery and faster transit times. Sustained by its 50 years experience, Manitoulin developed the transportation knowledge that is relied on and trusted by clients in various industries.
- Determining and quoting rates and classifications applicable to transportation services, according to rate tables and tariff regulations.
- Provide Daily assistance to field personnel along with providing customers with quotes using spreadsheet and AS400 applications as required.
- Train field personnel in quoting rates.
- Train new hires for One Shot department.
- Internally: Work with operations, sales, other analysts and rate audit to quote the customer rates that are competitive but fair.
- External: Dealing with customers and other interline carriers negotiating rates. Angry customers and sales people looking for greater discounts.
- Increase/decrease rates in order to remain profitable or retain certain accounts.
- Responsible for the development of rates that will produce a profit margin while continuing to retain traffic.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable in math and geography
- Computer skills - both mainframe and PC
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and stressful situations in a professional manner
- Knowledge of operations ( service areas via direct/indirect, equipment, flow of traffic)
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Program
- Profit Sharing Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunities for growth and advancement