Custom Intelligence Intern - Remote US
The Custom Intelligence Team is responsible for creating intelligence reports and briefings tailored to customers’ specific requests.
The Custom Intelligence Intern will draw from Mandiant’s threat intelligence reports to create written reports and slide decks on diverse cyber topics, tailored to an executive audience or customized for a specific customer.
- Identify cyber topics or reports of interest to customers and conduct research to distill the most important takeaways for a particular audience
- Incorporate analysis into traditional threat intelligence writing
- Design slide decks and write accompanying talking points under the direction of senior analysts, to enable others to easily brief the material
This internship will include on-the-job training, so interns will need to have the capability to learn designated subject matter and roles relatively easily, but are not necessarily expected to already have direct experience with the intelligence writing or briefing role. Candidates deemed to likely have the necessary skill sets will be asked to perform a simple evaluation task during the candidate selection process to further evaluate their capabilities.
Beneficial experience, skills, and knowledge include the following:
- Attention to detail to ensure content accuracy, consistent formatting, and visual appeal of written reports and briefing material
- Strong writing and analysis skills with the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer-oriented attitude
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment as part of a distributed virtual analysis team
- Familiarity with cybersecurity concepts and intelligence
- Skilled in delivering oral presentations
- Either currently pursuing a Master’s degree or, if pursuing an undergraduate degree, prior relevant work experience is desired