Staff Software Engineer - REMOTE USA
- Cypress, TX, USA
Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye Security offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, and nation-state grade threat intelligence. With this approach, FireEye Security eliminates the complexity and burden of cybersecurity for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyberattacks. Our security portfolio protects customers across endpoints, infrastructure, applications, and in the cloud. For more information, please visit www.fireeye.com.
Be a part of a dynamic, geographically distributed team working on HELIX platform: https://www.fireeye.com/products/helix.html. HELIX is FireEye’s next generation security operations platform.
Our team is responsible for event ingestion at cloud scale. We are working on challenging problems to balance scale and cost aspects of running a cloud product.
In this role, you will work with a talented team engineers in developing FireEye’s Cloud product portfolio, focusing on security analytics and Cloud technologies.
We are seeking seasoned staff/senior software developers with the passion and experience necessary to design, develop, and support FireEye’s leading-edge product suites
What you will do:
- Development on the Helix Security Platform suite.
- Ownership of significant areas of the code for both new feature/functionality development as well as to maintain/redesign of the existing areas of the product
- Designing and building a reliable and clean code in C
- Implementing quality and performance modules.
- Identifying bottlenecks or bugs and troubleshooting integration issues.
- Continuous focus and contribution in the areas of performance, availability & scalability, reliability, and maintainability of the product
- Active participation in our ongoing process enhancements and software development practices
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience building complex, highly scalable production systems.
- Proficiency in C and C++.
- Strong knowledge of build orchestration, Cmake and compiler requirements
- Experience with Git version control and bug tracking software such as JIRA
- Understanding of AWS service offerings and capabilities
- Ability to work across product organizations on inter-area projects, help identify the critical paths of components, and resolve dependencies
- Knowledge of Security/Cloud Technologies.
- Good shell scripting skill is a strong plus.
- Experience with complex RCA and defect isolation a strong plus.
- Experience with microservice architectures a strong plus.
- Knowledge of TTPs used by malicious actors
- Experience designing and developing data analytics and machine learning models
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
FireEye Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Salary: $140,000. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)
Mandiant (formerly FireEye) has announced the sale of its Products business to Symphony Technology Group. Learn more about the sale here: https://www.fireeye.com/company/press-releases/2021/fireeye-announces-sale-of-fireeye-products-business-to-symphony-technology-group.html. This position will be part of the FireEye Security organization under the purchasing company. Our new company's security portfolio protects customers across endpoints, infrastructure, applications, and in the cloud. We will accelerate efforts to develop an integrated security platform powered by artificial intelligence and automation for superior threat detection and prevention.