Account Development Representative
- Reston, VA, USA
Since 2004, Mandiant has been a trusted partner to security-conscious organizations. Effective security is based on the right combination of expertise, intelligence, and adaptive technology, and the Mandiant Advantage SaaS platform scales decades of frontline experience and industry-leading threat intelligence to deliver a range of dynamic cyber defense solutions. Mandiant’s approach helps organizations develop more effective and efficient cyber security programs and instills confidence in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats.
We are looking for a Account Development Representative to act as the liaison between our Marketing leads and Sales. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers in our white space accounts.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers and the sales reps you support. You will play a pivotal role in gathering information and generating curiosity in Mandiant’s products and services. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
- Developing high quality pipeline for our sales teams via lead development and qualified sales opportunities
- Lead follow-up from marketing campaigns and events (MQLs)
- Outbound prospecting into white space accounts
- Contact potential clients through cold calls, social media and emails (70+ touches per day minimum)
- Present our company to potential clients in the very best way
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services by leveraging Mandiant’s Command of the Message (sales methodology)
- Customize value discussions with end users to increase customer interest
- Build a trusting relationship with prospects and sales reps you support
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and sales reps
- Report to the Leader of Account Development on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative or similar roles
- Must be able to type 50-60 wpm
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be organized, detail and process-oriented
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and use good judgment in resolving difficult issues
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Motivated and Driven to top performance
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.