Channel Account Manager
- Reston, VA
- Employees can work remotely
The objective of the Channel Account Manager is to develop and grow Mandiant Revenue through its Solutions Partners by aligning their go-to-market sales motions with Mandiant’s and insuring they have the knowledge, capabilities and tools to be successful. The Channel Account Manager will be directly responsible for managing assigned Strategic Partners and indirect sales within an assigned Territory as well as indirectly for the success of all Partners working with Mandiant.
We are seeking an experienced Channel Sales Account Manager with a proven track record of success and a thorough understanding of the channel partner landscape in the region. The primary focus will be to drive incremental partner-led revenue (New Business & Net New Logo’s), drive enablement training with new and existing partners (both sales & technical training) and foster a productive engagement model (internal & external) throughout the region. This individual must be able to thrive in a competitive and dynamic culture. The role will report directly to the Director, US Channel Sales.
The ideal candidate will have a varied background, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and likes to build and innovate new strategic programs. Must be a self-starter and have a ‘start-up’ mentality; not afraid to run at a fast pace in a changing environment with a fun and collaborative team!
What You Will Do:
- Manage assigned, strategic partners – responsible for overall growth, executive influence, and adoption of solutions
- Manage existing base of partners in assigned region - driving incremental revenue, developing solution competency, and enabling program compliance,
- Direct the recruitment and engagement efforts of new partners as needed to support company initiatives and reach defined performance metrics
- Design, propose, implement, and execute enablement and promotional programs to drive sales success within region.
- Build and execute Territory plans for both assigned strategic partners and select emerging partners in region.
- Lead facilitator for communication between partners and Mandiant
- Conduct quarterly business reviews, both internally and externally.
- Drive product marketing, and demand generation activities with partners to accompany Mandiant products/solutions on partner’s website, seminars, and tradeshows
- Proactively communicate with Mandiant region staff on Channel pipeline and forecasts
- Monitor, assess and report on a continual basis, the security vendor competitive situation within the channel partners in the region.
- Represent Mandiant’s channel in region and evangelize our mission and purpose both internally and externally.
- Should be able to communicate clearly and concisely through all available means of communication.
- Daily objectives should include the following: Innovation, Customer Obsession, Sense of Urgency, Collaboration, and Community.
- Must have 5+ years of Sales and Channel Sales experience working with local, regional, and national partners in the computer networking & security space.
- Ability to travel >50% of time (post-Covid-19)
- Outstanding Presentation, Written and Verbal Communication Skills.
- Strong understanding of the Channel ecosystem – roles of VARs, National Solution Providers, System Integrators, and Distributors.
- Have proven, existing, and positive relationships through the region within this ecosystem of partners is a requirement.
- Have proven, existing, and positive relationships with strategic Partners within this ecosystem of Cybersecurity is a requirement.
- Proven record of consistent over-achievement in quota-bearing roles.
- Proven track record of working effectively with Cross-functional teams, both internally and externally.
- Strong technical knowledge with a broad range of security and networking technologies.
- Experience selling consulting services a plus
- Must have both the sales skills and technical knowledge to make presentations and lead customer discussions to advance the sales process.
- Ability to develop relationships and work extensively at the executive level.
- Provide accurate forecasting to Reporting Manager regularly (SalesForce.com).
- Ability to self-motivate and multi-task and work independently or within a team Success Factors.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Direct interaction with the Customers, Partners, Marketing, Peers and Mandiant’s Corporate team will comprise a major portion of this assignment.
At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a regionally-based role that must be located in VA, DC or MD.