Business Operations Intern (Remote US)
- Portland, OR
- Employees can work remotely
At FireEye, Business Operations helps develop strategy and provides the programs and systems to enable the organization to achieve operational excellence. Our team is tasked with ensuring that the correct structure, processes, people, resources, support, and communication are in place to deliver on company and team goals and make the organization a place where employees can do their best work. We work closely with senior leaders in Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Finance, and HR.
Leading with an action-oriented mindset, interns work on real-world projects and engage with FireEye leaders on critical initiatives and projects to bring our growth strategies to life. You will work on projects that focus on accountability and consistency of processes, tools, results, and communication. You will have a close connection to process and partners across multiple business units, geographies, products, and functions. You will work in ambiguous, highly-collaborative environments, and bring creative and analytical thinking to the solutions you build.
What You Will Do:
- Gain exposure and understanding of business operations principles
- Work with a variety of stakeholders from across the organization to analyze and improve various programs and processes at the strategic level
- Perform financial analyses and data modeling to support business decisions
- Create and work with metrics, reports, dashboards, and Power BI processes
- 2+ years experience via internships, classes, projects in the following:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent problem structuring and strategic problem-solving skills
- Ability to research market information using internal and external data sources
- Ability to extract, model and review data, and present to key stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- Must be able to work eastern standard time and pacific standard time hours, if/when needed
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Statistical knowledge with the ability to participate in data analysis
- Experience working in Power BI
- Coursework across areas such as: Finance, Information Systems, Engineering, Economics
- Passionate about processes potential for improving planning, execution, and work/ life balance
FireEye Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Hourly Rate: $20. Final rate will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical Insurance. FireEye also provides Flexible Paid Sick Time and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)
Mandiant (formerly FireEye) has announced the sale of its Products business to Symphony Technology Group. Learn more about the sale here: https://www.fireeye.com/company/press-releases/2021/fireeye-announces-sale-of-fireeye-products-business-to-symphony-technology-group.html. This position will be part of the FireEye Security organization under the purchasing company. Our new company's security portfolio protects customers across endpoints, infrastructure, applications, and in the cloud. We will accelerate efforts to develop an integrated security platform powered by artificial intelligence and automation for superior threat detection and prevention.