Threat Research Analyst Intern (Remote- USA)
- Reston, VA
- Employees can work remotely
If you are passionate about cybersecurity and are interested in learning more about real-world attacks and how security technologies detect and block them, the Mandiant Security Validation BRT is a perfect fit for you!
As an intern you will work with the full-time threat analysts to analyze and replicate attacks. However, as part of Mandiant, you will also benefit from our IGNITE program that offers training and workshops with many different Mandiant teams, including Mandiant’s red team and FLARE.
What You Will Do:
- Research adversary tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs)
- Analyze malicious executables, scripts, documents, and packet captures
- Reproduce adversary behaviors with the Verodin SIP
- Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or Intelligence Analysis major
- Junior or Senior College Student
- Knowledge of cyber threats, malware, vulnerability research or related area of cybersecurity
- Experience with Python and Virtual Machines (VMs)
- Ability to work in teams and strong written communication skills
- Experience with Ruby
- Experience with malware analysis or vulnerability research
- Experience with Snort, Wireshark, Cuckoo, YARA, and/or Suricata
- Participated in Cyber Security Capture the Flag (CTF) competitions
At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Hourly: $25/hour. Final pay will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from Mandiant’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, Mandiant also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. Mandiant also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)