Principal Incident Response Consultant (Remote - West Region, US)
- Albuquerque, NM, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Since 2004, Mandiant has been a trusted partner to security-conscious organizations. Effective security is based on the right combination of expertise, intelligence, and adaptive technology, and the Mandiant Advantage SaaS platform scales decades of frontline experience and industry-leading threat intelligence to deliver a range of dynamic cyber defense solutions. Mandiant’s approach helps organizations develop more effective and efficient cyber security programs and instills confidence in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats.
Mandiant Services provides industry-leading incident response, assessment, transformation, managed detection and response, and training services with hands-on tactical support. Mandiant helps organizations effectively detect and respond to threats and reduce overall impact of business risk before, during, and after an incident. Our world class incident responders are able to resolve security incidents quickly, effectively and at scale with complete incident response including investigation, containment, remediation, and crisis management.
The Mandiant Incident Response team is seeking a strong technical lead to manage large, client-facing projects and train/mentor other security consultants. In this role, you will use your deep understanding of both existing and emerging threat actors, as well as experience identifying rapidly changing tools, tactics and procedures of attackers. You must be able to see the big picture, understanding evolving attacker behavior and motivations, participate and manage large client-facing projects, and help to train/mentor other security consultants. The successful candidate will possess sound business acumen, strong consulting skills, current technical skills and be adept in leading multiple projects under tight deadlines. If you are interested in investigating computer crimes and breaches that make the headlines – and many more that don’t, then this opportunity is for you.
What You Will Do:
- Lead large, client-facing projects while mentoring/training junior team members
- Conduct host forensics, network forensics, log analysis, and malware triage in support of incident response investigations
- Utilize Mandiant and FireEye technology to conduct large-scale investigations and examine endpoint and network-based sources of evidence
- Recognize and codify attacker tools, tactics, and procedures in indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be applied to current and future investigations
- Build scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance Mandiant’s incident investigation processes
- Develop and present comprehensive and accurate reports, trainings and presentations for both technical and executive audiences
- Work with clients security and IT operations teams to implement remediation plans in response to incidents
- 7+ years of comparable experience
- Experience with at least three of the following:
- Windows disk and memory forensics
- Network Security Monitoring (NSM), network traffic analysis, and log analysis
- Unix or Linux disk and memory forensics
- Static and dynamic malware analysis
- Experience and understanding of enterprise security controls in Active Directory/Windows environments
- Experience building scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance investigation processes
- Experience leading external client engagements
- Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
- Ability to travel up to 30% when travel resumes
- Effectively communicating investigative findings and strategies to technical staff, executive leadership, legal counsel, and internal and external clients
- Effectively develop documentation and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
- Strong time management skills to balance time among multiple tasks, and lead junior staff when required
At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Salary: $130,000. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)