Cyber Security Consultant, Managed Defense (Remote US)
- Albuquerque, NM, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Since 2004, Mandiant has been a trusted partner to security-conscious organizations. Effective security is based on the right combination of expertise, intelligence, and adaptive technology, and the Mandiant Advantage SaaS platform scales decades of frontline experience and industry-leading threat intelligence to deliver a range of dynamic cyber defense solutions. Mandiant’s approach helps organizations develop more effective and efficient cyber security programs and instills confidence in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats.
As a Managed Defense Consultant (MDC), you will serve as one of Managed Defense's (MD) thought leaders. You will own service delivery of detection and response against attackers for multiple customers. The MDC is the dedicated point of contact through on-boarding and service delivery of our Managed Defense (MD) customers. You will set expectations around service delivery and be a part of a team that provides tactical and strategic remediation efforts, targeted recommendations, quality service, and community protection. You are counted on to be the trusted advisor to our customers and help the MD team deliver the right combination of technology, intelligence, and expertise to fit our customer's needs.
This broad-spectrum position requires you to understand how to leverage cyber threat intelligence, lead incident response, communicate effectively to our customer’s executive level management, and still have the ability to successfully meet tight deadlines. You will be asked regularly to provide ground truth to real world current events. Your technical acumen in endpoint, network, email, and cloud detection/protection will be your foundation, but your operational experience and your ability to solve problems will help to shape the future of security for our customers. You are a part of our mission to relentlessly protect our customers from impactful cyber threats. We do this through an intelligence and expertise-driven, collaborative relationship!
What You Will Do:
- Trusted advisor for the customer in matters concerning service delivery and ongoing projects
- Trusted advisor for the customer on all security program-related activities
- Lead client and engagement teams in successful delivery of our Managed Defense solutions, exchange threat intelligence with customers and internal teams, and briefing existing customers, potential customers, and external groups on security threats and incident response
- Lead security incident response and leverage product knowledge to guide customers
- Articulate complex information on security threats and incident response to internal and external groups across varied levels of technical understanding
- Lead efforts in expanding and improving the development of processes, methodologies, and client communication methods for advanced persistent threat detection, threat intelligence, incident response, and vulnerability analysis
- Effectively communicate investigative findings and strategy to client stakeholders, technical staff, executive leadership, and legal counsel
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with key customer stakeholders
- Responsible for building relationships with internal business units to identify innovative solutions to enhance service delivery
- 3+ years' of Information security, SOC, incident response or similar cyber experience
- 2+ years' of technical delivery, service delivery, client management, and/or managed services experience
- Experience with critical tools used in incident response, computer forensics, malware analysis, network or host-based intrusion detection, proactive services, remediation, vulnerability testing
- Experience working with enterprise detection technologies and processes including Advanced Threat Detection tools, IDS/IPS, Network Packet Analysis, Endpoint Protection, Identity Security, and Cloud Security
- Experience working with network and security protocols and operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux)
- Experience navigating current information security challenges and solutions
- Experience evaluating customer needs, coordinating design for a solution, and clearly communicate solutions
- 2+ years' delivering succinct and fact-based communications, both verbally and in writing to various levels of stakeholders
- 2+ years' experience in collecting, analyzing, and escalating security events; responding to computer security incidents, and/or collecting, analyzing, and disseminating cyber threat intelligence
- Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
- Ability to successfully interface and establish rapport with clients (internal and external)
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
- Ability to manage and balance own time among multiple tasks
- Ability to operate independently
At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Salary: $100,000. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)