Software Engineer ( Windows, Sustaining ) - REMOTE USA
- Portland, OR, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye Security offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, and nation-state grade threat intelligence. With this approach, FireEye Security eliminates the complexity and burden of cybersecurity for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyberattacks. Our security portfolio protects customers across endpoints, infrastructure, applications, and in the cloud. For more information, please visit www.fireeye.com.
The Endpoint Sustaining Engineering team focuses on improving the customer experience by resolving critical product issues in-field and improving overall product quality. We actively troubleshoot complex problems and provide solutions to ensure customer success. We work closely with the Feature Engineering teams as well as the Customer Support and Customer Escalations teams.
Candidates who are curious and seek a fast paced, dynamic, collaborative environment will thrive as part of our team.
What You Will Do:
- Triage and investigate customer problems escalated by support or other internal teams
- Use a variety of Windows, macOS, and Linux tools to perform log and trace analysis, code level debugging, dump analysis, reverse engineering, and performance analysis
- Develop and test feature, maintenance, and hotfix releases
- Document details related to field issues for internal and external publication
- Configure and deploy test and reproduction environments using virtualized and cloud infrastructures
- Focus on and contribute to the areas of performance, availability, scalability, reliability, and maintainability of the product
- Participate in our ongoing process enhancements and software testing practices
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience working with customers
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in troubleshooting and debugging skills for performance analysis, diagnostic data collection and analysis, and crash dump analysis and native code debugging on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Minimum of 2+ years of Programming experience with C++
- Understanding of Windows architecture as well as key fundamentals and internals of macOS and Linux
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing requirements, scope, and priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of network and cloud computing
- Experience with FireEye Endpoint products or the computer security industry is a plus
FireEye Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Salary: $100,000. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)
Mandiant (formerly FireEye) has announced the sale of its Products business to Symphony Technology Group. Learn more about the sale here: https://www.fireeye.com/company/press-releases/2021/fireeye-announces-sale-of-fireeye-products-business-to-symphony-technology-group.html. This position will be part of the FireEye Security organization under the purchasing company. Our new company's security portfolio protects customers across endpoints, infrastructure, applications, and in the cloud. We will accelerate efforts to develop an integrated security platform powered by artificial intelligence and automation for superior threat detection and prevention.