Senior Backend Engineer
- Mountain View, CA
Founded in 2011, Manage is a performance DSP that helps marketers reach, connect and engage with consumers through in-app mobile advertising. Our clients include leading apps, brands and agencies - such as Uber, Lyft, and Zynga - and our top priority is helping them achieve their mobile marketing goals. As a pioneer in mobile programmatic real-time bidding, we run fully-managed, data driven ad campaigns focused on user acquisition, retargeting and brand awareness. Core to our company is a mobile marketing platform featuring proprietary algorithms, a machine-learning bidding engine and high performance architecture. We reach millions of consumers worldwide, and access over 40 billion ad impression opportunities every month.
Headquartered in Mountain View, CA, Manage was named one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area for 2015 by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. We operate as a nimble startup, meaning we have a very flat org structure that allows every team member to have huge areas of ownership and authority. We like to move fast, iterate and improve, using a learn by doing mentality. We’re looking for smart, driven team players who can help us get things done. Our team has a unanimous passion for doing things better with data, algorithms and machine learning to help our customers become successful.
As a Backend Engineer you’ll be involved in implementing and scaling of our proprietary mobile ad platform. You will be joining a talented, collaborative team at the forefront of exciting new ventures in the mobile space. A successful candidate will have a passion for building highly scalable systems, enjoys working with big data sets (billions of requests/day) and has a proactive and organized approach to solving problems.
What you’ll be doing
- Participating in all aspects of the project lifecycle including requirements gathering, functional specification, design, development, QA and maintenance.
- Implementing optimization algorithms to increase click and conversion rates.
- Performance optimizations to ensure millisecond response times.
- Integrating new data sources into our environment.
- Work on new feature development and constantly be looking for ways to improve the product.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience.
- Hands on Experience developing in one or more of these: PHP, GoLang, Java or Python
- Hands on experience with MySQL or other RDBMS
- Good Understanding of NoSQL databases such as Redis, Aerospike, or Riak
- Experience working in AdTech space
- Experience with Real-time Bidding
- Experience with Hadoop
- Machine Learning background
What we’re offering to you
- Competitive base salaries plus quarterly bonuses
- An entrepreneurial environment with high growth potential
- 100% employer paid health, dental, life and vision insurance; fsa and hsa
- 401(k) plan and a wellness program and fitness reimbursement credit.
- 21 days paid vacation and sick time, 2 paid floating holidays, 9 paid holidays
- Regular fun team events, snacks, drinks and weekly meals in the office
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths, much like start-up environments
- Working in a modern office located in the heart of Mountain View, CA