Full Stack Software Engineer
- Remote (US Only), New York, NY, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Mae is a breakthrough healthcare platform on a mission to address Black maternal health disparities, nationally.
Black mothers are twice as likely to experience complications in delivery and 3.3 times more likely to die a maternal death, even with controlling for education, income, and other factors. These complications, injuries, and deaths are largely preventable. Mae provides equitable access to clinically-validated strategies and interventions supporting best-in-class maternal health outcomes.
We’re looking for a full stack software engineer who is passionate about maternal health equity to build and shape key features of Mae’s platform. This is an opportunity to be an early team member of a venture-backed digital health start-up.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and build new features across the stack in an agile & collaborative environment
- Evaluate technical & product tradeoffs, and translate product goals into code
- Write well-documented & tested code
- Help define high-quality software engineering standards and practices.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience building full stack web applications
- Passion for user experience (you care about small design details) as well as experience of frontend technologies across the web
- A structured approach to development, testing, documentation, and code structure
- Clear communicator with ability to explain trade offs to non-engineers
- Ability to quickly learn new tools & technologies as product requirements evolve
- A pragmatic love of types & experience with AWS & CICD tools a plus
Typescript, React, InertiaJS, NestJS, TypeORM, Postgres, & a bit of legacy Laravel code that we’re moving away from as we build out the product.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Healthcare benefits reimbursement
- Flexible work location
- Generous time off
- Half-day Fridays
We are currently only hiring US based applicants and are unable to sponsor visas.