- Lagos, Nigeria
Our client, a multinational construction company based in Lagos
The Financial Analyst is responsible for the analysis of plant performance, the review of performance reports to ensure that they are complete and accurate and for ensuring that appropriate controls are applied to information provided by the plant on performance and on inventory of both Raw materials and supplies
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Maintains database by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics
Chartered Accountant (ACA,ACTI ) + over 3 years operational experience
High proficiency in financial modeling techniques
Exposure to an ERP/SAP environment and advanced reporting tools
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Comfortable interacting with executive-level management