Senior Project Manager
- 179 Prom. du Portage, Gatineau, QC J8X 2K5, Canada
Macadamian designs and develops digital experiences to improve healthcare. Our goal is to create solutions that are simple and meaningful, prioritizing the experience of the patient and the business needs of our clients. We believe in a future where technology enables and empowers people to have a personalized healthcare experience and allows them to live fulfilling and happy lives. Let’s shake things up together. We want to work with people who are driven towards building this vision and leaving a mark on the future.
Senior Project Manager
Reporting to the PMO Director, The Senior Project Manager is the primary point-person responsible for planning, executing, and delivering large corporate projects on time, within budget, and in accordance to specifications. The Senior Project Manager defines project requirements and scope, acquires project resources and supervises the efforts of project team members. Efficient delivery of project deliverables, effective quality control, clear communication of expectations to stakeholders, and upward reporting to senior management are critical tasks that must be performed throughout each projects lifecycle.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Formulate and manage project plans;
- Facilitate project meetings, resolving conflict within the project team;
- Coordinate with PMO to effectively manage project resources and skills;
- Lead and manage the planning and delivery of critical, highly complex and/or large projects;
- Ensure project deliverables and schedules are met;
- Ensure that project activities are conducted in accordance with best in class practices and are conducted in accordance with the corporate policy and subject to regular review & approval processes;
- Manage project delivery to ensure time, cost, customer satisfaction, and quality expectations are met or exceeded;
- Play a key role in establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships;
- Serve as a guide and advisor; training, coaching, and mentoring peers to learn and apply standard framework, agile methodology techniques, and best practices;
- Establish, implement, and follow a formal change management program;
- Produce regular reports (status, escalations, etc.) on the progress of projects to deliver updates during regular stakeholder meetings;
- Closely monitor the efforts and billing of third-party workers, such as consultants, contractors, and other specialists;
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and associate work; creating contingency plans to mitigate risk.
- Conduct project post mortems to identify areas for improvement; make recommendations based on findings.
- Adhere to established methodologies for project management.
- Produce regular reports (status, escalations, etc.) on the progress of projects; deliver these reports during regular stakeholder meetings.
- Closely monitor the efforts and billing of third-party workers, such as consultants, contractors, and other specialists.
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project teams and associate work; create contingency plans to mitigate risk.
- Manage project dependencies.
Position Core Competencies
- Service Orientation: Anticipates long term clients requirements and identifies required improvements to service delivery.
- Leadership: Builds on the strengths of the workplace and reduces internal weaknesses through training and development.
- Planning and Organizing: Develops and oversees multiple projects and anticipates risks and takes appropriate steps.
- Conduct cost-benefit analyses, risk analyses, and ROI calculations to determine project feasibility.
- Manage project activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
- Plan all project timelines, milestones, deliverables, and micro-deliverables using the appropriate software tools and/or PM methods.
- Establish and deliver mechanisms for tracking project progress and reporting to stakeholders via a formal communications plan.
- Accountability and Dependability: Evaluates and responds to complex requirements that supports the organizational direction.
- Decision Making: Balances risks and potential implications before making a decision and explains the rationale for the decisions that impacts the projects and/or business.
- Communication: Effectively communicates for maximum results.
- Negotiate with other business units to obtain required skill sets.
- Conduct stakeholder meetings and forums in order to solicit feedback, input, and expectations; incorporate these into project plans.
- Critical thinking: Interprets data through observation investigations, communication, reports, legislation and others in order to address needs.
- Result Focus: Adapts performance and goals to help move projects along, volunteers their help to ensure every task is completely efficiently. Goes the “extra mile” to ensure the goal is met.
If you relate to the above statements, join us! We are looking for a new colleague to take on the challenge of transforming the world of healthcare and making a difference in the lives of generations of people.
- 10+ years of experience of project management in the software industry
- PMP and/or PMI-ACP certifications preferred.
- Ability to deliver objectives set by the management team.
- Must possess knowledge and expertise in software development methodology
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of agile software development methodologies (Scrum) for the past 5 years
- Familiarity with project management software
Well we could write you a nice sales pitch but how about you check us out in action over these medias and judge for yourself how awesome we are....