- Lehi, UT, USA
MX is on a mission to improve the financial lives of everyone. We believe each of us has a moral imperative to use our time and talents to change the world for the better. For this reason, we are creating innovative software and partnering with financial institutions and digital banking providers to bring financial freedom to the lives of individuals, families, and communities. MX is an award-winning financial management, online/mobile banking and innovative wealth management tools. We’re looking for smart, creative individuals to come build with us!
We are looking for a Senior Accountant who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is ready for a challenge. We look forward to welcoming a candidate who can iterate on current processes and who would enjoy leaning in with their accounting expertise. We treat each team member as a founder here at MX. The ideal candidate for this role is smart, a creative builder, passionate and has proven accounting skills.
What you’ll get to do…
- Analyzes general ledger accounts to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations.
- Assists with audit requests.
- Maintains various general ledger accounts.
- Prepares and posts all journal entries, recurring and nonrecurring.
- Completes month-end closure reports.
- Flexibly pursue ad hoc reports as needed.
- Works with the broader accounting department to implement Workday.
You’ll do it using your…
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA license (preferred)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of industry accounting experience
- Experience with equity, tax, and treasury
- Possess strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong knowledge and experience of fixed assets and General Ledger
- Possess strong proficiency in Excel
- Strong ability to apply several accounting and reporting systems
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Minimum 2 external audit cycle experience (preferably big 4)
- Strong ability to work individually or in a team setting
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Strong ability to give attention to detail and to perform multiple tasks at the same time
You’ll fit in by…
- Thinking like an owner
- Communicating with honesty, candor, and respect
- Bringing your passion every day
- Being resourceful and creative
You’ll love it because…
- You will be rewarded and recognized for your high-caliber work
- You will collaborate with other brilliant minds
- You will enjoy heavy autonomy and opportunity for growth
- Health, dental, vision benefits and the other great perks and benefits MX offers
MX is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly welcome applications from veterans and military spouses. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.