Sales Instructional Designer
- 3401 North Thanksgiving Way, Lehi, UT 84043, USA
MX is on a mission to improve the financial lives of everyone. We believe each of us has a moral imperative to use our time and talents to change the world for the better. We are creating an innovative software platform and partnering with financial institutions and fintech companies to bring financial freedom to the lives of individuals, families, and communities. MX is well positioned as a unified data platform -- powering award-winning financial management, online/mobile banking and innovative wealth management tools.
We have an immediate need of a qualified Sales Instructional Designer who will design and develop content based on the Sales/Partnerships team’s business needs which may include classroom and online courses, job aids, reference materials, presentations, assessments, etc. This role is critical for designing content that relates to all areas of knowledge and skills necessary for a sales professional to be successful and to build an overall high performing sales team at MX. The ideal candidate is also resourceful, proactive, an exceptional communicator and is able to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
What you will do...
- Use proven adult learning principles and best practices to research, design and develop sales-specific training (in-person and e-Learning) for employees within the Sales/Partnerships teams in the following areas: financial services industry, MX product suite, sales methodology/acumen, technical, system tools/processes, legal, security and pricing
- Revise and continuously enhance existing training content based on feedback and measured impact through rep performance in order to meet the training needs of individuals and ensure a consistent delivery experience across the team
- Write engaging content including assessments and quizzes, practice exercises with feedback, simulations, demonstrations, opportunities for reflection and self-explanation, etc that support Sales onboarding, continuing education and certification
- Analyze the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle to ensure the learning solutions are aligned to the desired outcomes and business needs established by key stakeholders
- Create course structure, upload and maintain content to MX’s sales certification platform
- Establish and foster relationships with various SMEs and key stakeholders across the organization in support of a collaborative approach and implementation of the content strategy for each core program in order to drive maximum impact and success across the teams
How you will do it...
- Define learning objectives with key stakeholders to ensure an effective approach to and alignment with the broader Sales Onboarding and Certification framework resulting in a successfully designed curriculum and accompanying knowledge/skill assessment
- Gather requirements from a variety of source materials and SMEs through interviews, research and analysis and use this information to design and produce documentation and training content
- Utilize feedback and analytics to inform content strategy, implementation and revisions necessary for maximum impact for individuals and the team as a whole
- Establish and maintain design standards and document version control to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of learning content
- Perform administrator activities within the sales and coaching software to include uploading and maintaining content and courses, creating learning paths and evaluating participant feedback to continuously iterate and improve upon content
- Partner with the Sales Trainers and Sales Leadership to understand what is working and what opportunities there are to improve to drive forward and accomplish the business outcomes established
What you will need to be successful...
- Required 2+ years experience in instructional design/content creation that demonstrates an ability to develop effective training content with a commitment to delivering results that directly impact the Sales team’s ability to hit revenue targets
- Demonstrated familiarity with a wide variety of instructional design models, best practices and adult learning theory/principles and experience in developing engaging content and assessments that meet business objective outcomes and support participant learning
- Banking or financial services industry experience strongly preferred
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Solid time management and prioritization skills with the ability to balance workload and actively takes initiative to complete projects and drive ideas that benefit the team
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the proven ability to execute with excellence while valuing and maintaining cross-functional team relationships
- Passionate self-starter who is able to work as a team player, managing multiple projects simultaneously and has experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Intellectual curiosity with a vested interest in continuous learning about and improving, both the company and one’s self
You will thrive at MX by…
- Thinking like an owner (having a “founder’s mindset”)
- Collaborating well with members of the Sales/Partnerships, Product, Engineering, Security, Legal and Finance and MXCS teams
- Bringing and sharing your passion every day
- Being resourceful and creative
- Communicating with honesty, candor, and respect (objectivity in discourse and trust)
You’ll love it because…
- You will have the opportunity to work in a successful, fast-moving, mission-driven company
- This is an incredibly impactful role in the organization
- You will have autonomy and growth opportunities
- You will collaborate with other creative and enthusiastic team members
- You will be rewarded and recognized for your high-caliber work
- MX also offers competitive benefits and many perks including free meals and unlimited PTO
- We are building something very special here at MX and this is an incredibly exciting time to participate in a meaningful way where you can see the direct impact of your contribution
MX is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly welcome applications from veterans and military spouses. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.