- Washington Cir NW, Washington, DC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
MSI United States (MSI US) promotes and supports the mission of Marie Stopes International to provide sexual and reproductive healthcare to millions of underserved women around the world. MSI US works to advance reproductive choice and rights within this context and raises funds for programs in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. The position is responsible for fundraising from individuals at the house and mid-level levels (donors giving up to $10,000 annually) and includes oversight of the mid-level giving program - The Blue Door Society – as well as the recurring donor program – Champions for Choice.
The role requires an experienced and talented development professional with the capacity to manage a mid-level giving society and recurring donor program that significantly expands the MSI US donor base, in alignment with our organizational goals and plans. The Development Officer will have a proven track record in donor cultivation and management and in using and deploying tools and technologies to support an individual giving program that contributes to the effectiveness and results of the Development team. The position reports to the Director of Development Operations. The MSI US office is in Washington, DC. Very strong candidates will be considered for a remote posting.
- Meet annual fundraising goals per the development strategic operating plan;
- Develop and manage the mid-level and recurring donor programs to steward, retain and upgrade donors over time;
- Cultivate a portfolio of 150-250 donors and provide personalized outreach and touchpoints to secure and increase giving over time;
- Produce and manage donor correspondence, including online and offline communications and written materials;
- Identify, research and screen new prospects and donors to join the mid-level and recurring donor programs;
- Manage donor acknowledgments and fulfilments of gifts and pledges;
- Ensure timely, accurate and informative tracking of donor interactions within the database;
- Track performance measures, monitor results and iterate plans to maximize the success of donor programs;
- Work in collaboration with the development team to align the programs with other individual giving initiatives and broader fundraising and communications efforts;
- Plan and implement, in partnership with other staff and consultants, donor cultivation activities and stewardship events;
- Serve as the front-line project manager of the outsourced direct mail program for strategies focused on both new donor acquisition and existing donor retention and upgrades;
Minimum four (4) years successful track record in fundraising operations and in supporting the donor cultivation and relationship management cycle in a non-profit setting.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written;
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of donors to develop successful relationships and increase giving;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks at a time;
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strategic thinking, commitment to results, attention to detail, and solutions-oriented;
- Proven experience using technology to advance the goals of a major donor program, like donor tracking systems and prospect research and wealth screening tools, along with a willingness and capacity to learn new systems;
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment across multiple programs and departments;
- Integrity, respect for confidentiality and passion for our mission;
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed, including possible overseas; and
- Bachelor's degree.
MSI exists to empower women and men to have children by choice, not chance. We are pro-choice and believe it is a woman’s right to choose if, when, and how many children to have. Qualified candidates for this position will unwaveringly support and embrace our belief and mission. Our dedicated professionals are enthusiastic, empathetic and positive. They thrive in an atmosphere of dynamic challenges in their work, are personally motivated to succeed, and enjoy being part of a global team working to make a difference in women’s lives around the world. Confident, resourceful and action-oriented, our people are focused on delivering high-impact programs in collaboration with our donors to ensure our clients around the world receive the highest quality of services.
TO APPLY: When applying via SmartRecruiters, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Team Member Benefits
MSI US offers a competitive salary and employee benefits, including 5 weeks annual leave, paid maternity leave, employer paid medical benefits, 403(b) retirement plan contribution, and a commuter subsidy program. We support a work-life balance and an individual’s desire to learn beyond the experience gained at work through both personal and professional development and growth opportunities.
MSI US recognizes that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination in all aspects of employment, including recruiting new team members. We are committed to act fairly and prevent discrimination on the basis of sex, race, martial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, beliefs or any other irrelevant factor.