VFX Production Manager
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world’s most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore and Los Angeles, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
In partnership with Producers, VFX Supervisors and CG Supervisors, the Production Manager oversees the day-to-day of the project.
The PM is involved in the team management and training of coordinators and production. The PM must maintain a high level and global overview of the project and its progress. You’ll balance deliveries against Producer set quotas and stay in alignment with discipline shot teams, adjusting when needed to ensure schedules are aligned.
Other duties include render forecasting and managing the nightly/weekend rendering schedule; priority management and ensuring that all materials for client review are sent out.
Production Manager Essentials:
- Proven experience of strategic scheduling within VFX
- Highly organized and analytical
- Good use of initiative, decision-making and issue management with the ability to drive issues through to resolution; prioritization and delegation; time management
- Experience in creation, planning and implementation of small and large projects
- Managing difficult conversations; managing remote teams; teamwork and training others
- VFX Film Industry knowledge and Show experience
This job application remains open even when we don’t have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.