Global Production Training Manager
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Technicolor’s’ global learning and development department supports production and visual effects talent ready to step into a career in the industry.
The L&D's mission is to develop, nurture and grow creative & production skills and abilities, and prepare them for a role at one of Technicolor’s world-class film and episodic content VFX studios, which include MPC Film, Mill Film, Mr. X and Mikros.
Training is provided by some of the industry’s most experienced VFX professionals using a blended combination of workshops, master classes and online training, offering a unique learning pathway and career inspiration for aspiring artists.
This role will support the delivery of the global L&D Strategy, working in conjunction with the global talent, production and senior management teams. You will be responsible for the management of Production Academies, development and management of production learning pathways, development of soft skills frameworks and related content and leadership development.
Responsibilities include but not restricted to:
- Working with the Global Head of Learning Delivery and the Production Academy Manager develop and deliver a robust curriculum to support the talent requirements across all business units.
- Working with key stakeholders and SME's across the business units and FEV talent team, identify and build out course curriculum, aligning to production competency frameworks.
- Working with the production trainer(s), review and maintain a high level of consistency and learning quality In line with the global learning delivery standards.
- Manage all documentation and data, reviewing and analyzing to deliver date insights, propose Improvements and share monthly updates with the wider business.
- Using the Production competency framework and working with key stakeholders, build out and deliver Production Academy learning pathways for all production staff.
- Working with Stakeholders, SMEs and global L&D team members, build out and launch learning content to support learning pathways.
- Set up and manage review meetings with SME's to make sure that all content Is relevant, up to date and consistent with processes and guidelines.
- Working with the Content Creation and Career Pathways managers, develop and launch the learning pathways across all business units.
- Review and develop production curriculum, in line with business requirements and competency frameworks.
- Working with global stakeholders across all business units, develop a soft skills framework that supports all staff across all roles within the different business units.
- Build out a content roadmap, including deliverables and timeframes with the objective to obtain sign off from stakeholders – including ongoing development and review of roadmaps.
- To delivery roadmap and all required actions including building out, creating and delivering learning content.
- Ongoing review, management and analysis of all soft skills training, content and frameworks to drive improvements and where required propose and deliver changes.
- Working with Operations Manager, engage, develop and launch the soft skills training across all business units.
Management and Leadership Development.
- Working with Global Head of Learning Delivery, build out management and leadership development framework aligned to Industry trends.
- Working with internal and external subject matter experts build out learning content and programs to support developing leaders across the group.
- Consider and Identify business unit's culture, diversity and ways of operating across all management and leadership training
- Review and where required propose changes to existing management programs, making sure they align to competency frameworks.
- Ongoing review, management and analysis of all management and leadership training, content and frameworks to drive improvements and where required propose and deliver changes.
- Working with Learning Operations Manager, engage, develop and launch the soft skills training across all business units.
- A degree in Learning and Development, Adult Education or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating Management and Leadership programs and packages.
- Experience reviewing, creating and delivering soft skills training programs and packages.
- Experience in creating and delivering the complete learning cycle.
- Ideally, experience in managing and structuring workshops and/or academies, including resourcing and scheduling.
- Ideally, experience in working in a creative Industry or environment.
- Solid understand of the 70/20/10 model, with a strong L&D industry background.
- Strong comms experience with a strong understanding of how different audiences require customized messages.
- Ability to work in a VUCA environment (volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous)
- Experience delivering virtual training in different settings, locations, and cultures.
- Strong facilitation change management and leadership ability.
- Strong internal and external customer service focus, with an eye on user experience.
- Able to influence and co-operate with other departments, globally.
- Highly analytical: proven record of creating and delivering meaningful metrics and reporting to various business units
- Strong project management skills; ability to lead multiple projects and obtain buy-in, and then drive execution and achievement of the right results through a complete project lifecycle.
- Motivated self-starter that aims for the highest standards.
- High level of energy with a bias for action and “Getting things done”
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.