Lead Texture Artist
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide- Australia, Bangalore- India and Montreal- Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground-breaking productions.
Mill Film builds inclusion and diversity into the foundation of the studio. We believe that inclusion and diversity are the solution to delivering excellence in creative VFX for our clients. We foster a culture of respectful candor, where artists, production and technologists come together to build a talent community devoted to realizing industry leading VFX solutions for feature and episodic content for major Studios.
Texturing Artists are responsible for painting photo-real textures and relevant maps for other surface effects to be mapped to 3D objects for our Assets team.
If you have a passion for texturing and can use Mari, Substance Painter, Photoshop, Maya then we want to hear from if you are used to leading teams for Texturing.
You would be an absolute superstar if you also possessed the following bonus skills:
- Previous experience with Linux
- Previous experience with Mari
- Previous experience leading a team
- Knowledge of substance painter
- Previous experience in a VFX environment
- Previous education or experience in traditional arts
- Previous experience working with scanned reference, photos or other artwork to create textures
- Knowledge of modelling and shading
- Experience in substance designer and nuke is a bonus
- Examples of Traditional Art are a plus
If you would like to keep up to date with recruitment activities at MILL FILM then please join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
We look forward to working with you in the future!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.