- Los Angeles, CA, USA
Technicolor, a worldwide technology leader in the media and entertainment sector, is at the forefront of digital innovation. Our world class research and innovation laboratories enable us to lead the market in delivering advanced video services to content creators and distributors. We also benefit from an extensive intellectual property portfolio focused on imaging technologies. Our commitment: supporting the delivery of exciting new experiences for consumers in theaters, homes and on-the-go.
The Broadcast Editor is responsible for working closely with the clients, colorists and in-house producers to perform the editorial process required to finish an episodic television show within tight deadlines and to an exacting standard of quality.
- Conform source media and visual effects using client provided EDLs or eye match and perform any time warps, split screens, motion effects, etc.
- Export reels, composite titles, creates quick times and other miscellaneous functions
- Keys in titling and performs fixes such as dirt removal, minor hair removal, drop ins, re-positioning of image, etc. using own judgment based on client and electronic graphics provided.
- Flags any issues to the Internal Producer and discuss with client Editorial.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an episodic editorial function.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak with external and internal clients.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must take a proactive approach and be a self-starter. Demonstrate initiative.
- Intermediate knowledge of Avid, Final Cut, Resolve and Baselight.
- Film classes and production experience are helpful.
Technicolor is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.