- Vancouver, BC, Canada
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in Vancouver, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
Reporting to the Lead Systems Administrator, the Linux Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining a healthy technology infrastructure by executing and delivering a variety of tasks assigned by the Lead.
- Responsible for the overall health and operations of local network, storage and systems
- Administer and manage high performance storage platforms and systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues through excellent technical understanding of large scale networking and routing
- Act as the senior technical contact, responsible for daily communications with multiple global technology support teams
- Proactively use monitoring tools to forecast technology areas requiring attention on ongoing basis
- Identify and remediate storage or network bottlenecks, infrastructure-wide
- Ensure the timely and successful completion of all data backups
- Understand and manage the maintenance of data center power and cooling systems
- Perform technology purchasing and budget tracking
- Manage software licenses from forecasting to deployment
- Manage and maintaining local vendor relationships
- Communicate effectively with operations staff surrounding technology issues
- Attend daily progress reviews
- Manage large scale projects
- Provide user support
- Extensive experience with Linux (RHEL/CentOS preferred)
- In depth knowledge of network services including DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, etc.
- Strong shell scripting skills
- Experience with virtualization (VMware)
- In depth knowledge of IP networks, subnetting and routing
- Experience building out simple but resilient networks
- Experience specifying, deploying and supporting large scale and high performance network storage
- 2-3 years of experience working with IT infrastructure in a media or high performance computing environment
- A strong commitment to quality, service and reliability
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Capability to learn and adapt quickly
- Strong ability to work under pressure
- Work well with others in a team environment
- Desire to learn from others and to take on increasingly challenging work
- Strong creative ability and flair
- Ability to mentor and provide feedback to junior employees
- Excellent team building skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.