Full Stack Web Developer
- London, UK
The Moving Picture Company (MPC) is a global creative studio with a single goal: to create experiences that move people. With decades of storytelling experience, we are perpetually pushing the limits of what is technologically and artistically possible to tell visually stunning stories. MPC continues to lead in an ever-evolving industry, building authentic and long-lasting connections with audiences across all channels. Recent notable work includes multi-award-winning Ridley Scott’s ‘The Seven Worlds’ for Hennessy, John Lewis ‘The Boy and the Piano’, Volkswagen ‘Born Confident’, as well as John Favreau’s upcoming movie ‘The Lion King’.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer responsible for the client side of our pipeline.
The primary focus will be to implement a complete user interface in the form of a mobile and desktop web app, with a focus on performance. Your main duties will include creating modules and components and coupling them together into a functional app, tied with the architecture and development of backend web services.
The artistic design will be delivered to you, but we will ask for your help in regard to animations, CSS, and final HTML output. You will work in a team of back-end and front-end developers, and communicate and develop API’s using standard methods. A thorough understanding of all of the components of our platform and infrastructure is required.
- Delivering a complete front-end application
- Ensuring high performance on mobile and desktop
- Coordinating the workflow with stakeholders and team members
- Cooperating with the development in the process of building the RESTful API’s
- Communicating with external web services
- Develop and architect database schemas (MySQL & PostgreSQL)
- Have an understanding of deployment into AWS and its interface
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Deep knowledge of Vue/angular, or similar practices and commonly used modules
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Ensuring a clear dependency chain, in regard to the app logic as well as the file system
- Extensive knowledge of CSS and JS methods
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Validating user actions on the client side and providing responsive feedback
- Writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multi-threading, when needed.
- Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of Vue/angular, or similar
- Experience with building the infrastructure for serving the front-end app and assets
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts
- Documenting the code inline using JSDoc or other conventions
- Writing extensive unit tests using automated TDD tasks (for both Python & JS)
- Creating e2e test suites for all components, and running them with Protractor
- Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments
- A thorough understanding of Webpack and its utilisation
- Extensive knowledge of the Django python framework (1.7+) and ideally the Django Rest Framework (DRF)
- Extensive knowledge of RESTful API development and their use cases