- Montreal, QC, Canada
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
This role is to manage a highly dynamic resource planning and scheduling function through strong analytics and an ability to work across multiple functions.
The main focus will be the deployment of resource in conjunction with show production schedules, maximizing productivity and capacity effectiveness as well as working hand in hand with Department Managers and Producers across sites to efficiently account and foresee resource needs in the departments. This requires learning about the scheduling and production process and then using this information to analyze and assess opportunities and risks in the business and drive the business forward through this.
The role will also involve the identification of all changes/issues relevant to resource planning and the associated corrective action management.
You will be expected to help inform decisions within the business and give visibility through data analysis of potential risks and opportunities as well as partner with the Department Managers and Talent team to identify hiring requirements.
- Analyze and assess the plan for current and future resource requirements, including needs for: people, technology, and facilities based on information from production, ensuring headcount and utilization levels are in line with the studio and show requirements.
- Generate projections and oversee the department resourcing across all Mr.X sites
- Create forecasting and usage reports as required: seat planners, KPI, capacity, etc.
- Work closely with Finance team to create projections for various scenarios of speculative work
- Engage and communicate with Producers, VFX Supervisors Finance team and Senior management in order to generate accurate projections.
- Work closely with the Studio Resources Manager located in Toronto, providing additional support and coverage as required.
- Develop training and analyze best practices to leverage studio efficiencies at all sites
- Effectively and efficiently guide group efforts
- Negotiate and influence production requirements within the studios
- Research VFX methodologies as required
- Ability to see the "big picture", leveraging the resources of related departments to address the studios resource and capacity challenges
- Able to manage large amounts of data in a continually changing environment.
- Sophisticated analytical skills with the ability to quickly assimilate data and transform this into meaningful reports.
- Ability to effectively allocate and manage artistic resources
- Confident decision maker.
- Able to adapt their communication skills providing clear insights to various stakeholders including senior management.
- Strong time management
- Strong influencing and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Sumifs etc.)
- Ability to create & work in models
- Analytical, flexible and results-oriented, demonstrated in the ability to draw themes and conclusions from data analysis and communicate results
Toutes vos informations demeureront confidentielles, conformément avec la réglementation sur l'équité en matière d’emploi.
Le masculin est utilisé afin d'alléger le texte.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.