- Adelaide SA, Australia
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide, Australia, Bangalore, India and Montreal, Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground breaking productions.
Our team in Adelaide and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
This position will be reporting to the Finance Manager and will look after aspects of film finance.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Support Producers in preparing regular cost projection reports and analysis including opportunities and risks on the film projects
- Provide financial (cost) analysis to the Finance Manager, Executive Producer and Head of Studio on the profitability of each show, and provide insight into opportunities and risks using existing tool-set
- Controlling, recording and reconciling contract value and costs to ensure cost control and preparing regular costs and progress reports for management
- Month end duties including reporting and forecasting all (future) revenues and costs on film projects
- Liaise with Senior Management to develop new systems for monitoring and controlling costs on film projects
- Building, capturing and maintaining large data documents for use by various departments across the business
- Provide financial support to the Finance Manager and the Film production department as required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Sumifs etc.) and abilities to create and work in complex financial models
- VFX industry knowledge is an asset, but not required
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce; (Part) qualified CA or CPA is an asset, relevant work experience, ideally with experience in production and/or project accounting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multiple-show production environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment, with a strong sense of urgency to achieve results
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders such as HR, Production, IT, and Management
- Strong financial analysis/interpretation skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.