- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
The Production Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of quota and inventory on time, in collaboration with Senior PCs (show needs depending), Leads, Discipline Shot Teams, Production Managers and Supervision.
· Show Management
The primary responsibilities of the Production Coordinator are building a schedule with the Leads in each Discipline that matches Producer-set quota, PM schedule and the Discipline Shot Teams; managing the daily schedule ensuring that dates are kept accurate based on when work will be delivered/has completed; and escalating any Supervisor notes that may impact quota delivery. The PC conducts internal rounds; drives dailies – sends the agenda, runs the session and adds notes to ReviewTool; outlines Production requirements such as client deliveries, end dates and quota. The PC must keep on-top of all client requests and relay accurate and timely notes to the team to ensure completion of actions.
The PC is assigned to a group of Artist Shot Teams across one or more Disciplines on one show; ensures that Artists are being fully utilized and tasks are assigned; informs Artists to consult MyPage/Artist Page for upcoming assignments, based on an updated schedule; reports resource updates to the Department Manager and Production Manager; and escalates to Production Managers when quota isn’t being met or any concerns regarding Shot Team performance/configuration. The PC will strategise with Leads on how to best achieve the required work within the assigned days.
Other responsibilities include gathering and preparing sends information for Production Assistants and Editorial to process; chasing software tickets for any items preventing work from being delivered; and helping to support sync queue management and Render Farm priorities. The PC will also communicate with upstream and downstream departments to ensure that inventory is on-time – looking ahead in the schedule to ensure your dependencies are on track and following the issue management process where necessary.
· Quota Management
In partnership with the Production Manager and Senior PC (show needs depending), ensure schedules and quota are being met on a daily basis; drive quota delivery with Supervision and Artists; sends DQR to provide updates on daily quota output. Based on the resources booked, liaises directly with Artists to ensure that every shot is assigned out and that the Artists know what their schedule is, what targets they need to deliver, and what quota needs to be achieved.
· Engagement and Proposition
Champion a positive and productive culture of high performance, supporting the brand as a global industry leader in visual effects – work with Software Team to define functionality requirements for updating or creating new tools, and completing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on new software releases and change requests made by Production; be an advocate of diversity and inclusivity; and act as an ambassador to promote MPC film within the local film community.
· Leadership skills – creative approach to resolving challenging situations; problem solver; forward planning; confidence and a critical thinker who works well under pressure
· Management skills – task management; highly organized and analytical; good use of initiative and decision-making; flexibility with planning and scheduling
· Communication skills – ability to work with and inspire a team; honest and attentive; good presentation and written/verbal comms; accuracy with reporting; good listening skills
· People person – managing remote teams; teamwork and training/supporting others
· Collaborative spirit – team player who is able to build relationships; resourceful
· Nice to have – VFX Film Industry knowledge and Show experience