Roto Animator Vancouver
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talents in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
A Roto Animation Artist is responsible for delivering high quality Live Action Character 3D Rotoscopy and hard surface elements like vehicles, props, etc. They would be working closely alongside Matchmove Artists, Animators and FX team, to create animation that matches the movement of the character on a live action plate and needs to be realistic in 3D space.
- Should be able to do 3d rotoscoping to match live-action footage in a 3D environment and to maintain consistent shot quality.
- Able to do few basic poses for scale checks on RotoAnim characters for shadow & FX Interaction for integration with the background elements.
- Do accurate shot breakdowns based on your shot assignment and ensure its being followed upon on a regular basis during show leads review.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Must have good understanding of basics of animation
- Proven Matchmove experience in a large feature-film VFX production environment
- Must be proficient in Maya
- Must have a basic knowledge on Film/Digital cameras
- Candidates should demonstrate a good eye for detail and precision with strong problem-solving skills Good communication skills
- General understanding of linux/unix-based operating systems