FTV Roadshow - Paint/Prep
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
The Focus are a a team of dedicated recruiters, hiring for Technicolor's award-winning Film & Television studios. With the demand for spectacular artists ever increasing, we've made it easier for you to find the right opportunity, whether you're a recent grad or already established in the Industry.
Paint/Prep Artists prepare 2D digital plates for compositing.
Typical tasks range from wire and rig removal, cleaning green-screens, through to plate recreation.
Artists employ various techniques including compositing, painting, and projecting.
Liaise with the shows, attend shot kickoff meetings, review shots with compositing supervisors, and track all shots for the show.
Leads are involved in production tasks such as shot scheduling with department managers and the rotoprep production team, as well as writing and maintaining show pages.
Responsible to check work coming in from other MPC sites or outsource companies.
Artists at this level will work directly with the Head of Department to develop pipeline tools and make workflow adjustments that would suit the department.
Leads bid shots, and analyse actuals data with the goal of improving turnaround time while maintaining high quality.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· Knowledge of Nuke, Silhouette, and basic knowledge of Unix.
· Good rotoscope skills
· Excellent and High level painting, prep, and projecting skills in various software packages
· Ability to train junior artists, lead teams, brief shots for outsourcing, and check all work for accuracy
· Scheduling and bidding
· Forward thinking and innovative with ways to improve workflow of departments across facilities, dealing directly with Head of Department
· A strong eye for detail and precision.
· Ability to organise your time, collaborate and effectively communicate with your supervisors and team mates, and can take direction.
· Excellent organisational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to deliver on schedule while working under pressure if required.