Character Artist, Virtual Art Department
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
MPC is the sum of the parts: creative partners with a range of creative solutions, harnessing our talent and technology to craft spectacular visual experiences in any space, on any screen. It all comes together in our enthusiastic and talented people, working daily to be a part of creating the best and most inspirational work in the industry.
MPC’s Virtual Art Department, or VAD, lies between our traditional Art Department and the Visualization Department. The role of our VAD team begins in pre-production, constructing real-time set builds, layout changes, and asset deliveries. VAD produces all asset materials – such as characters, props, and sets – in low-resolution in order to seamlessly crossover to traditional previs and VFX post-production, as well as run in a real-time game engine for Virtual Production. Our VAD team works directly with both our pre-production teams and VFX asset/rigging supervision to maintain continuity from start to finish of production.The VAD Character Artist is responsible for building game engine character models and textures for use in previs and virtual production.
- Build of game engine assets for use in previs and virtual production.
- Deliver on-schedule to meet deadlines and work under pressure if required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with leads as well as work collaboratively as part of a team.
- 1+ years' experience building in-engine assets.
- Talented 3D Generalist with skills in modeling and texturing.
- Experience in animation a plus.
- Experience with game engines (Unity & Unreal).
- Previous CG production experience in feature films, broadcast, or games.
- Intermediate to advanced-level user of Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, or similar 3D package a bonus.
- Self-motivated problem solver.
Technicolor is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.