Mr.X - Assets Artist
- Montreal, QC, Canada
MR. X is an award-winning Visual Effects company that thrives on crafting creative solutions to seemingly-impossible scripted moments in film and television. From the outset we engage filmmakers in a true collaborative partnership to realize and deliver visuals that tell their stories.
• 3D Modeling and Texturing for feature films, using a wide range of reference material,
• Working alongside the shader TDs and riggers to generate organic or rigid object models that are suitable for feature film work,
• Creating textures and photoreal lookdev for CG Assets,
• Working closely with CG Supervisors to determine the best approach to solve 3D challenges to develop a final look.
• Strong spatial awareness and a good sense of form, scale and proportion, and a keen eye for detail,
• A full working knowledge of modeling in Maya is required,
• Ability to deliver a model with clean topology and strong UV layout skills for texturing,
• Ability to work with Z-brush and/or Mudbox
• Experience texturing in Mari and/or Substance required,
• Knowledge of Houdini would be an advantage,
• Experience with Renderman, Redshift, and/or Mantra a plus,
• Experience with Lighting for photoreal CG is a plus,
• Experience with Python scripting a plus,
• 3+ years of experience Modeling for Feature Films is required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.