Communication & Culture Manager
- Montreal, QC, Canada
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in Montreal, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
Life at MPC isn’t just about working on the biggest and best movies. We want to engage and inform our employees in Bangalore, London, LA, Montreal and Vancouver about our vision, our ambition and the wide range of engagement activity on offer.
We’re looking for a pro-active and creative individual, somebody with a passion for delivering communication campaigns, both to an internal audience and to prospective employees. Working closely with the Global Head of Internal Communications and the Montreal Senior Management Team, you’ll come up with and create relevant and engaging content across a suite of internal and external channels - whilst managing some of the more 'day-to-day' requirements in a busy, creative studio.
As a natural communicator and talented storyteller, you’ll help the leadership team to engage and inform our employees about our vision and strategy, keep everyone across the latest show developments and enhance our social and community contribution. You’ll work to embed a strong culture of leadership within the studio and position MPC Film as a highly desirable place to work for VFX artists around the world. You’ll understand the need to come up with compelling content that appeals to a highly creative audience.
What you’ll do:
· Support the Head of Studio to develop a regular rhythm of communications, one which keeps the facility informed and inspired through a variety of mediums
· Align with our global communication and engagement team to roll out key campaigns locally and push Montreal success stories for wider consumption
· Oversee and manage local content on the company-wide intranet and other local channels
· Ensure the brand and vision is visible and consistent throughout our multi-site presence in Montreal
· Build relationships with stakeholders across the studio to gain a sense of the latest developments across MPC Film
· Support the Global Head of Internal Communications on global campaigns and initiatives
· Challenge the way things are done and bring new ideas to the table
· Experience working in a fast paced, creative environment
· Experience delivering communications for a global organization across a range of digital and social channels
· Gravitas and experience working with leadership teams
· Innovative and forward thinking, keeping up with the latest in digital/social media trends and platforms, proactively incorporating new ideas and/or emerging platforms.
· A passion and aptitude for writing, with a journalistic instinct for a story
· Good communicator with strong interpersonal and business skills
· Self-starter with a good sense of prioritisation and hands-on approach, able to deliver to tight deadlines.
· Experience using CMS systems (Wordpress) is highly desirable
· Experience filming/editing short videos is desirable
· Experience using Adobe Creative Suite is desirable
· Event management experience is desirable