Sky Bar Coordinator
- London, UK
MPC is an award-winning global creative studio and VFX company; we combine our talent, technology and craft to create memorable and distinctive experiences across a range of channels and platforms.
We are always looking for talented individuals to help us push creative and technical boundaries.
An amazing opportunity for a Coordinator/Supervisor level individual from a hospitality background to join an award-winning Advertising Post Production facility to manage the day-to-day running of our gorgeous, and newly refurbished, in-house Client “Sky Bar”.
You need to have experience in a similar setting with a focus on customer service as well as a real passion for coffee, new ideas and maintaining high standards. Given our upcoming re-launch of our Sky Bar, this would be a real chance to put your print on things alongside the Client Service Manager.
It’s a fast-paced role and you’ll be expected to pitch in where necessary alongside the rest of the team. Whether that be pouring a perfect flat white, greeting customers or clearing tables.
If there’s any need to change the shift you will be asked with plenty of time and it will be for ad hoc events only.
- Ensure an excellent client experience in line with brand standards at all times.
- Quality control and development of coffee our menu; we are looking for a technically skilled barista that can roll out an evolving coffee menu of monthly features, limited editions and bespoke sourced coffee or drinks. You will need to train the team with these skills and knowledge too.
- Although there’s no food preparation in the premises, you will be asked to check the presentation of meals that have been bought from local restaurants to ensure a pleasant experience to the clients in the suites. This will include using the appropriate flatware, cutlery, condiments etc.
- Maintaining excellent and impeccable standards at all times.
- Stock management and control (for all non-alcoholic items); including weekly stock takes, minimising waste, ordering replacement stock, checking delivery notes against stock delivered.
- Working closely with the Client Service Manager to ensure we have cost-efficient suppliers with the best quality produce possible.
- Tracking and managing hospitality team’s receipts to ensure all expenses are accounted for.
- Escalate any performance concerns from within the hospitality team to the Client Service Manager.
- Have overall awareness of all client orders throughout the day, using your initiative to pre-empt requests where possible.
- Health and Safety compliance.
- Trained Barista with a passion for coffee, knowledge of grind adjustment, milk texturing and latte art experience and basic coffee machine maintenance
- Experience in a fast-paced environment is advantageous
- Proven bar experience
- Positive attitude, good communication and organisational skills
- Ability to adapt and work under pressure
- Engaging with clients with respect and discretion.
- Have a friendly attitude and excellent customer service
- Awareness of health and safety consideration and food hygiene
- Your usual shift will be 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- There will be occasional weekend and/or evening events which will require your coordination
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holiday per year
- 100’s of benefits through Perkbox including discounted cinema tickets, and discount on big retails shop
- Be part of an exciting industry
- Life Insurance
- Pension (with enhanced contribution options)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Eyecare vouchers