Compositing TD (Mikros Animation)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Part of the Mikros company and the Technicolor group, Mikros Animation's studios are dedicated to high-end CG Animation for feature films and episodic.
Galvanized by a proven track record, the teams in Paris, Montreal and London are working on their 9th feature film. The diversity, richness and ambition of contents go hand in hand with a collaborative and creative atmosphere where talent can best develop.
Who’s ready??? Mikros Animation Montréal is currently in production on the new SpongeBob SquarePants movie.
Mikros Animation Montreal is looking for a Compositing TD, specializing in Nuke compositing to join the TD Team.
Under the responsibility of the Head of Pipeline, the Compositing TD creates and maintains a diverse set of tools, with a focus on improving its efficiency for artists and production management.
He/She also works directly with Compositing Supervisor, artists and production management to assess technical needs and support.
Under the responsibility of the TD Lead, your main missions will be:
- Develop / adapt the existing Compositing and Matte-Painting pipeline
- Determine, design, document and maintain re-usable code modules
- Guide and help team members to master our tools
- Submit your own code for code reviews
- Communicate technical issues to IT
- 2-3+ years experience as TD Nuke in the Anim/VFX industry
- 2-3+ years experience with Python
- Good knowledge of Nuke
- Strong familiarity with Nuke's Python API and writing Gizmos
- Knowledge of the overall VFX or Animation pipeline
- Experience with Linux
- UI development using PySide / PyQt
- Knowledge of Shotgun and Shotgun Toolkit (Tank) is highly appreciated!
- Strong familiarity with Git and collaborative workflows (code review, standards, etc.)
- Knowledge of any/all of Mari/Maya/Houdini/Katana/Arnold/RV
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please note that you may be asked to provide references. Mikros Animation is an equal opportunity employer.