Technical Animation (CFX) - Creative program (Entry Level)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Mill Film is a newly launched visual effects studio with locations in Adelaide - Australia, Bangalore - India and Montreal - Canada, working on VFX for feature films and episodic content. With talent diversity and equality at the heart of Mill Film’s culture, we want to inspire the next generation of visual effects artists, to create a dynamic pool of talent and work with the latest technologies on ground-breaking productions.
Mill Film's TechAnim creative program provides first steps training and experience in technical animation. Predominantly working inside Maya - Artists are responsible for delivering a multitude of high quality character finalling tasks, from corrective sculpting, skin animation to simulation. This is a comprehensive foundation for a TechAnim Artist working on high end VFX in blockbuster movies!
What do we offer?
- A full-time paid contract position with Technicolor
- 4 weeks paid training in technical animation
- Dedicated mentoring from a senior team member
- Recent graduates of a VFX program OR entry/junior level candidates looking for there first break in the VFX industry.
- Artists with a drive, passion and commitment to deliver first class VFX.
- Knowledge of Maya or Houdini, both would be an asset.
Beginner knowledge of any of the below competencies would be an asset:
- Cloth simulation
- Fur simulation
- Skin tracking
- Sculpting and deformation
- 3D Animation
Please apply with your demo reel and CV attached.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.